The Canada-Ontario Job Grant will provide direct financial support for employers who wish to purchase training for their workforce. Building on the overall objective of the grant, the Ministry also has the following strategic priorities for how the grant is utilized with employers and individuals.
• Supporting Unemployed Individual: Employers are willing to hire and train unemployed individuals to fill their job vacancies.
• Supporting Job Creation: Employers use the grant to support expansion of their workforces.
• Increased Job Quality: The grant supports permanent, sustainable full job jobs.
• Job Advancement: The grant enables incumbent workers to remain in their current position, or for incumbent workers to take new positions within the business that offer greater responsibilities and/or rates of pay.
Training must not exceed one year, and must be provided by the following third-party providers:
• School boards
• Private trainers operating in compliance with the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
100% Funding for Unemployed Individuals
New funding rules for employers with 50 or fewer employees who are training and hiring unemployed individuals are eligible for up to $15,000 per trainee. These employers are not required to make a minimum contribution to training costs for training funded through the grant.
Contact Lisa Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org 705-435-9821 Ext. 137